Remnant of God Deliverance Ministry, Inc., Outreach Ministry was birth to serve as an outlet for those seeking deliverance and healing from the disease of addiction. With Jesus Christ as the foundation where deliverance begins, the Outreach Ministry seeks to share Christ as the source for deliverance and freedom with all we encounter.
Karla L. Brown, BSPsych
Director, Outreach Ministry
Our Director, Karla Brown, has over 12 years experience in the Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health field. As an overcomer of substance abuse, Ms. Brown has a passion to help lead those battling the disease of addiction to the place of total healing and deliverance. Her moto is…If God Can Deliver Me, He Can Deliver You. Ms. Brown possess a Bachelor of Science in Psychology Degree; she is well qualified to lead others.
OUTREACH MINISTRY INITIATIVES:
Overcomers Hour of Power Ministry (OHOP)
As part of our Outreach Ministry, the Overcomers Hour of Power Ministry, facilitates bi-weekly Overcomers Hour of Power session which focus on the holistic approach aimed at creating a platform where the healing of life through the mind, body, and soul can be realized. Using the Word of God (Bible) as a foundation for our session discussion, we share on various topics to encourage our listeners in their pursuit of gaining deliverance and a more fulfilled life.
- Overcomers Hour of Power meets bi-weekly on Saturday (virtually) via Facebook
- You can join us by searching for Overcomers Hour of Power Ministry on Facebook
Empowered to End Opioid Use
Additionally, our Outreach Ministry has partnered with the Central Maryland Area Health Education Center. Under this partnership, Remnant of God Deliverance Ministry, Inc. Outreach Ministry host a workshop “Empowered to End Opioid Use” where we educate participants on Opioids. Topics in this workshop cover:
- What are opioids?
- How do opioids work?
- How does an opioid overdose occur?
- How to recognize an opioid overdose.
- Who is at risk?
Upcoming Opioid Workshop:
American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
• Addiction Psychiatrist by State:
• Stories from Patients:
Opioid Response Network
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
• National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or 1-800-487-4889 (TDD, for hearing impaired)
• Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator (search by address, city, or ZIP Code): https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
• Buprenorphine Treatment Practitioner Locator (search by address, city, or ZIP Code): https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/physician-program-data/treatment-physicianlocator
• Single State Agencies for Substance Abuse Services:
• State Opioid Treatment Authorities:
• SAMHSA Publications Ordering (all SAMHSA Store products are available
at no charge): https://store.samhsa.gov; 1-877-SAMHSA-7 (1-877-726-4727)
Providers Clinical Support System
• Family and Patient Resources: https://pcssnow.org/resources/resource-category/community-resources/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Understanding the Epidemic: https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/epidemic
• Poisoning: https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/poisoning
• CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain:
Faces & Voices of Recovery
• Shaping the Future of Recovery: https://facesandvoicesofrecovery.org/
• Learn About the Project Lazarus Model: https://www.projectlazarus.org
Harm Reduction Coalition
• Main Page: http://www.harmreduction.org
Prevent & Protect
• Tools for conducting overdose prevention and naloxone advocacy,
outreach, and communication campaigns: http://prevent-protect.org/community-resources-1/
Prescribe to Prevent
• Prescribe Naloxone, Save a Life: http://prescribetoprevent.org
• Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing is for those who have lost a loved one: http://grasphelp.org/
• Learn 2 Cope is for families with loved ones who have a substance use disorder: https://www.learn2cope.org/
• The International Overdose Awareness Day website has a list of worldwide events: https://www.overdoseday.com/
Contact Remnant of God Deliverance Ministry, Inc., Outreach Ministry via
email @ email@example.com